Liquor License Renewals

As of September 2019, current holders of alcoholic beverage licenses will submit their renewal applications online. Applications are submitted to the Town Clerk's office through the ViewPoint Online Permitting System. Each license holder must first create an individual account for their business. Follow the instructions to complete your application and process your payment. The required fees can be paid online with the application, or by check delivered to the Town Clerk's office. Supporting documentation (server training certificates, health department approval, certificates of good standing, etc.) should be scanned and submitted with the online application.

All license applications will be reviewed by the individual departments within the Town to ensure that the licensee is in compliance with all State laws and Town ordinances before being placed on the Town Council agenda for approval. You will receive emails from the Town during the review process, and any deficiencies will be noted so you can address them immediately.

If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the licensing division of the Town Clerk's office:
      • Sarah Masson at 401-782-0626 or email
      • Janet Tarro at 401-782-0623 or email

Dog Licenses

Every owner of a dog (six months or older) must license the dog annually in the Town Clerk's Office where the owner or keeper of the dog resides. Before the license can be issued, proof of current rabies vaccination is required. Any person who becomes the owner or keeper of a dog during the year must license the dog within thirty (30) days of ownership.
  • In accordance with State law, all dogs are required to be licensed annually during the month of April for a fee of $6 per canine. A current rabies certificate must be presented before a license will be issued. 
  • Dog licenses may be obtained at the Office of the Town Clerk or by mail with a stamped self-addressed return envelope.
  • Dogs are required to be kept on a leash when outside their enclosed area. If found wandering, the owner is subject to a fine if the animal is impounded by the Animal Control Officer.
  • Kennel licenses must be applied for during the month of March. There is a flat fee of $25 for all kennel licenses (despite the number of the dogs in the kennel).

Fishing (Fresh & Salt Water, including Clamming) and Hunting Licenses
Rhode Island fishing and hunting licenses ARE NOT available at the Town Clerk's Office for purchase. There are a number of approved vendors throughout the state that issue licenses for both residents and non-residents. Here is a list of vendors. You can also obtain your license online here: RI Department of Environmental Management