2021 Online Purchases of Seasonal beach passes, Parking passes and Transferable Passes
Beginning, March 1, 2021 resident/taxpayers will have the opportunity to purchase their seasonal beach passes, parking passes and transferable beach passes online at https://narragansettrec.org. (This is a voluntary process for individuals who have the ability to upload documents and process online payments. This process has been put in place due to current Covid-19 conditions and to provide an online preseason option. For customers who cannot process online services without assistance, please wait until the Sales Office opens on May 1st, 2021 at the South Pavilion. PLEASE do not call the office for assistance as we cannot accommodate the volume of calls and DO NOT call the Tax collector’s office for a copy of your recent tax bill.
If you wish to use the online system please follow the following instructions. When you visit this website https://narragansettrec.org you will be able to create a login username and password on the home page. Your login username will be the primary email of your account belonging to the head of household. If you have previously set-up an account and forgot your account password, click the “Reset Password” button and type in the primary email address. This will generate an automatic message to your email, which will allow you to reset your password. Please record this information for future use on the site. If you already know your password, please skip the above steps. Again, the Sales Office will be open on May 1st for the purchase of seasonal beach passes and parking passes.
After logging into your account, you’ll be brought to your households dashboard. From here take the steps below;
- Click on the word “Beach” (navigation bar) on top of page. This brings you to the “Beach” page.
- Under the word “Seasonal” click on an item you wish to purchase.
- Renew every household member who will need a pass (children turning 12 will need to be brought to the Sales Office to have their picture taken and added to the family record once the Sales Office opens). Press “Next” (lower right). You will be required to acknowledge signing the Waiver by checking the box and upload a copy of your recent tax bill (Please Do Not call the Tax Collectors office for a copy of your recent tax bill. If you don’t have a copy wait until the Sales Office opens and we will verify your taxpayer status at that time). After uploading the required documents press ‘Next’ followed by ‘Add to Cart’.
- If you wish to purchase additional passes (e.g. Seasonal Parking Pass or Transferable Pass (limit 5 per household) click the “Beach” button again. This brings you back to the seasonal items available for purchase. Add additional items to your shopping cart. You will be required to upload a copy of your Vehicle Registration if purchasing a seasonal parking pass. Note: If you wish to purchase more than one parking pass you will have to assign the purchase of that pass to a second individual (e.g. spouse) and upload the 2nd vehicle registration.
- Once your cart is full proceed to checkout.
- Enter your payment info, and complete the online purchase.
- A staff member will review your uploaded documents and approve or deny your request based upon the information provided. Refunds will NOT be issued for fraudulent purchases.
Refer to the graphic below for more information:
- Beginning May 1st seasonal beach passes purchased online will be available for pick-up in front of the South Pavilion 39 Boston Neck Rd. Pull in front of the pavilion, remain in your vehicle, and a staff member will greet you. All COVID-19 safety measures required.
Frequently asked questions:
- New resident/taxpayer to the Town of Narragansett? Respond to the Sales Office on or after May 1st with a copy of your closing documents and you will be added to our Beach database. A photograph will be taken for your seasonal beach pass and vehicle registration(s) required for seasonal parking passes purchased. For leased vehicles, a copy of your Insurance Card is required to verify ownership.
- Children turning age 12. Children age 12 and older need a photograph for their beach pass. Bring your child to the Sales Office to have their picture taken. The office opens on May 1, 2021 and is open seven days a week 8:30 -5:30 pm. Children age 11 and under are free.
- Free Senior Beach Passes: Resident/taxpayers age 62 and older. If you are a new resident/taxpayer to Narragansett and haven’t had a beach pass before please respond to the Sales Office once the office opens on May 1, 2021. You will need a picture taken and provide proof of residency (e.g. closing document).
- Lease agreements: A Twelve-month consecutive lease agreement is required to meet residency requirements. The address on the lease MUST be listed as a rental with the Town Building Inspectors Office.
- Adult Children age 25 and older: Adult children age 25 and older MUST have the same Narragansett address and/or nonresident address (for taxpayers) as their parents listed on their driver’s license in order to meet residency requirements.
- Penalty for letting someone else use your beach pass: If you allow someone other than yourself to use your seasonal beach pass (the pass with your picture on it) and it gets confiscated by beach staff it will NOT be returned to you.