Leaf and Yard Waste Disposal
(Narragansett or South Kingstown Residents Only)
The Narragansett Office of Solid Waste and Recycling has received a number of calls regarding Narragansett Rubbish Company discontinuing residential leaf and yard waste services to their customers.
- The town does not offer any solid waste, yard waste or recycling pickup services
- The town permits private haulers to collect solid waste, yard waste and recycling
As a resident, you have the self-service option to bring leaf and yard waste and/or yard waste & brush to:
Rose Hill Transfer Station (RHTS)
163 Rose Hill Road, Peace Dale, RI
Monday through Saturday 7:00am to 3:00pm.
Closed on Holidays
Leaf and Yard Waste
You can either purchase brown paper leaf and yard waste paper bags (local hardware store, Hardware, Home Depot, etc.) and bring the bags to RHTS - $1.25/tag.
You can fill the back of a pickup truck and drive to RHTS for disposal.
Scale House - Rose Hill Transfer Station (RHTS)
Brown paper leaf and yard waste bags: Once you are at RHTS, you will have to purchase leaf and yard waste tags for $1.25/tag/bag at the scale house (see below for pricing)
Pickup Truck – Yard Waste & Brush: Stop at the scale and be weighed. The attendant will tell you where to dump the contents. Go back over the scale and be reweighed. Pay the attendant
- Large brush, bulk quantities of leaves, tree limbs and trunks less than 6” in diameter may be disposed of at a rate of $.035/lb. $5 minimum
- No branches over 6” in diameter
- No branches longer than 4 feet in length
- Yard waste is $70/ton, $5/minimum
If you have any questions, please call Dori Boardman, Narragansett Recycling Coordinator,
401-782-0635 or firstname.lastname@example.org