Beach Activity Policy
- Alcoholic beverages or glass containers permitted anywhere on the premises
- Inflatable devices if any kind are not allowed in or near the water
- Animals are not allowed from May 15 through September 15
- No cooking or open fires are allowed on the premises
- Swimming is not allowed in designated surfing areas
- Surfing is not allowed in designated swimming areas
- Motorized water craft are not allowed within the designated swimming area
- Kayaks, jet skis, windsurfing, kite surfing, kite flying, fishing and scuba diving are not allowed
- No Use of radio controlled airplanes, helicopters, flying devices over any of the Town Beach Property and within the designated swimming area of the Town beach
- Ball playing is allowed on Narragansett Town beach only in designated areas as determined by the beach management staff during operations of the beach. This policy is in place to accommodate the greatest number of safe recreational activities available for beach patrons. Any activity shown to be a hazard to the safety of any patron should be reported to a member of the beach management staff.
- SECTION 1. Chapter 46, Article I, Section 46-9 “Smoking and use of tobacco products prohibited during youth events held at town athletic and recreational facilities, and at other designated public places” is hereby amended to read as follows:
- (b) Smoking. Smoking and other uses of tobacco products are hereby prohibited at any athletic or recreational facility owned or leased by the town during scheduled youth events, as well as at the Courtyard at the Towers and prohibited at the town beach at all times. Smoking is prohibited at the town beach at all times. Per Town ordinance Chapter 46, Article I, Section 46-9 (b)
- Please respect the efforts of the beach staff and the environment; please deposit cans and plastic bottles in the recycling corrals in designated areas on the premises.
- Swimming is allowed only in front of lifeguard chairs that are designated swimming only.
- Swimming is not allowed in the surfing area
- Surfers are restricted to surfing area from the seawall to the banner designated for surfing.
- Body boards are permitted in all areas, but will be controlled by lifeguards between chairs 2 and chair 6, in an effort to accommodate the large number of swimmers who utilize the area.
- Skim boards are restricted to the surfing area from the seawall to the banner designated for surfing.